8754Re: [tracker2] Re: Aging of Waypoints (Fred)

  • Dale Seaburg
    Oct 2, 2009
      Thanks, Lynn.  Very informative.  I've d/l'd them for further review.

      73 - Dale.  KG5LT

      On Oct 2, 2009, at 3:27 PM, Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr) wrote:

      Dale,

      If you'd like to see what your APRS coverage looked like on your trip
      from 9/29 through yesterday, check out:

      http://ldeffenb. dnsalias. net.nyud. net/Tracking/ Requests/ KG5LT* (Trailing
      * required)

      The higher the final dash number, the higher the resolution. You'll
      need to zoom in on some to see the details.

      The -D-nn.PNG files ignore the digis/IGates and focus on just showing
      your beaconed positions.

      Red lines are direct communications. Green lines are digi->Igate.
      Small red circles are Digis. Large red circles are IGates.

      Of course, all of this is generated from APRS-IS so it represents only
      the first packet to be gated. Without local receivers, it's impossible
      to guess what the actual RF landscape looked like!

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS Infrastructure Visualization

      Dale Seaburg wrote:

      > On Oct 1, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:
      >

      > >It's easy to delete waypoints in the Nuvi, either one at a time or all
      > >at once.
      >
      > OK, I'll bite. How do you delete waypoints on the Nuvi 350 one at a
      > time? I see the Delete All button, but it's not clear how to do so
      > individually.
      >
      > BTW, I had a good trip from Central Texas to near O'brien in Southern
      > Oregon and then back home. I can say that digi coverage was good in
      > places and nonexistent in others. And, other places where several
      > digis were heard, but none heard me (KG5LT-1). Overall, the Nuvi 350,
      > OT2m and the FT1500 did well.
      >
      > 73 - Dale. KG5LT

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic