8752Re: [tracker2] Re: Aging of Waypoints (Fred)

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Oct 2, 2009
      Dale,

      If you'd like to see what your APRS coverage looked like on your trip from 9/29 through yesterday, check out:

      http://ldeffenb.dnsalias.net.nyud.net/Tracking/Requests/KG5LT* (Trailing * required)

      The higher the final dash number, the higher the resolution.  You'll need to zoom in on some to see the details.

      The -D-nn.PNG files ignore the digis/IGates and focus on just showing your beaconed positions.

      Red lines are direct communications.  Green lines are digi->Igate.  Small red circles are Digis.  Large red circles are IGates.

      Of course, all of this is generated from APRS-IS so it represents only the first packet to be gated.  Without local receivers, it's impossible to guess what the actual RF landscape looked like!

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS Infrastructure Visualization

      Dale Seaburg wrote:

      On Oct 1, 2009, at 7:11 PM, Keith VE7GDH wrote:

      >It's easy to delete waypoints in the Nuvi, either one at a time or all
      >at once.

      OK, I'll bite.  How do you delete waypoints on the Nuvi 350 one at a time?  I see the Delete All button, but it's not clear how to do so individually.

      BTW, I had a good trip from Central Texas to near O'brien in Southern Oregon and then back home.  I can say that digi coverage was good in places and nonexistent in others.  And, other places where several digis were heard, but none heard me (KG5LT-1).  Overall, the Nuvi 350, OT2m and the FT1500 did well.

      73 - Dale.  KG5LT

    • Show all 22 messages in this topic