8716Re: [tracker2] Aging of Waypoints

  • Lynn W. Deffenbaugh (Mr)
    Oct 1, 2009
      Adam Fast wrote:

      > In the menu, tap Dispatch -> Find Location -> My Locations
      > On the bottom right is a button "Delete All". Tap it to clear the
      > memory.
      >

      > This does work - but for those who use their Nuvi for actual
      > navigation and not just APRS, my solution has been the "EasyGPS"
      > software (easygps.net <http://easygps.net>) - it is able to download /
      > manage / upload waypoints. I have a file with all of my non-APRS
      > waypoints and can in just a minute or so have it re-sent to the Nuvi
      > after clearing the memory as mentioned above. That way my other
      > positions can stay available.

      Somebody had posted a technique a while back that involved populating
      the SD card with a file and then making it write protected so that the
      Nuvi couldn't delete it after loading. I tried it at the time, but
      didn't get it to work.

      Is anybody using this technique on a Nuvi 350 and, more importantly, can
      you provide detailed instructions on the process?

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - Nuvi 350s as KJ4ERJ-9 and KJ4OVQ-9
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic