      Sent: Thursday, September 17, 2009 6:38 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Normal Display

      KC0WNY wrote...

      > Is this a good path, for a message from my mobile T2-135 and a Nuvi
      > 350, to my home station KC0WNY-1 appears that it repeated a lot. I
      > should mention that the distance was close, Thanks
      >
      > KC0WNY-15>APOT21, WIDE2-1,WIDE2- 2::KC0WNY- 1 :this is a test{cc

      On that one, you were heard direct by whatever was decoding the tones.
      The three hop path may or may not have been used by neighbouring digis.
      The recommended path for mobile stations in North America is
      WIDE1-1,WIDE2- 1... a two hop path.

      > KC0WNY-15>APOT21, KC0WNY-1, WIDE2*,WIDE2- 2::KC0WNY- 1 :this is a test{cc

      This one was a retry of the same message, and was digipeated by
      KC0WNY-1.

      > KC0WNY-15>APOT21, K0SUN-13, WIDE2,KC0U- 1*,WIDE2- 1::KC0WNY- 1 :this is a
      > test{cc

      That one the same message again, and was digi'd by K0SUN-13 (using the
      WIDE1-1 part of the path) and then digi'd by KC0U-1 using up the first
      half of the WIDE2-2 path.

      > KC0WNY-15>APOT21, WIDE2-1,WIDE2- 2::KC0WNY- 1 :this is a test{cd

      This was a new message... not a repeat of the one above. It was heard
      direct by whatever was decoding the tones.

      > KC0WNY-15>APOT21, KC0WNY-1, WIDE2*,WIDE2- 2::KC0WNY- 1 :this is a test{cd

      This is the second message again, digi'd by KC0WNY-1.

      > KC0WNY-15>APOT21, WIDE2-1,WIDE2- 2::KC0WNY- 1 :this is a test{cd

      This was a retry of the second message again, but heard direct.

      Your question was "is this a good path". For most populated places in
      North America, it would be considered a long path. You aren't taking
      advantage of fill-in WIDE1-1 digis. You are asking for three digi hops.
      If you are in the middle of no-where and a long way from an IGate, maybe
      you need it. In many places, even a one hop WIDE2-1 is more than enough.
      It just depends on what is around you and what your expectations are.
      Knowing how many digi hops it is out to your ALOHA circle could also be
      a part of selecting a "good" path.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH