8501Re: [tracker2] 5v buck converter?

  • Joe Krout
    Sep 8, 2009
      This may be what you are looking for.
      This is the 1 amp version, and should handle the Nuvi with no problem,
      http://www.dimensionengineering.com/DE-SW050.htm

      I am using the 3 amp adjustable version, which I mounted inside the
      Tracker2 case. I take the 12 volts off the header rail and send the 5
      volts out the DB9. More power than needed, I know.

      Look in the files section of the group for a picture - "Switching
      Regulator.jpg"

      Joe
      W0PWJ