8477Re: [tracker2] T2 Digi Tricks for local announcements

    Sep 3, 2009
      On Thu, Sep 3, 2009 at 10:06 AM, Keith VE7GDH<ve7gdh@...> wrote:

      > re the script for sending objects... I presume the T2 needs a GPS
      > connected to get the date / time so it knows when it's Tuesday?

      Nope, I just keep track of the number of seconds that pass by. Because
      the OT2m gets busy occasionally, the timing does slip a little bit.
      It's not a Swiss watch by any means.

      Now, the astute among you will realize that the counters need to be
      zeroed at 00:00:00 Sunday morning to be on time. There's no way of
      currently pulling time out of a GPS string, or even sniffing one out
      of a timestamped APRS packet, so it requires a manual reset at
      midnight.

      However, one could write a script that would preset the counters to a
      specific time and day, and then call that script at that time. As the
      timing slips further out of sync, one could call the synchronising
      script as need be.

      For a script that simply dumps a string into the network every 10
      minutes or so, it doesn't really matter if the clock slips slightly.