      Sent: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 8:34 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Development build > decoding

      From a Nuvi send a message to: --ver

      Mark
      KC5EVE
      At 11:43 AM 9/2/2009, you wrote:

      Cool! Now I have to go ask my T2-135 v1.2 boards what firmware I've got
      in them! I remember now seeing that posting from Scott about the timing
      recovery, but I didn't connect it back to my own boards. Thanks for the
      update (to you and Scott).

      Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - (T2-135s as -9 and -14)

      Mark Cheavens wrote:

      > There are actually two improvements for the T2-135. The first was on
      > the version2 board a de-emphasis filter was added. (I keep meaning to
      > order one).
      >
      > The second was hidden (In plain view:) ) in one of Scott's
      > announcements that he made some timing changes to improve decode
      > performance.
      >
      > (Remember I am talking about the T2-135 DECODING - Not other stations
      > decoding me).
      >
      > Mark
      > KC5EVE
      > At 10:08 AM 9/2/2009, you wrote:
      >>

      >> I'm not sure how the latest build would have improved reception, but if
      >> anyone else is as curious as I was, I've generated coverage maps for
      >> KC5EVE for his travels on the 29th and 30th. You can see them at:
      >>
      >> http://ldeffenb. dnsalias. net.nyud. net/Tracking/ Requests/ KC5EVE*
      >>
      >> There are a few holes along the route, but when it had coverage, it had
      >> nice coverage!
      >>
      >> Lynn (D) - KJ4ERJ - APRS Infrastructure Visualization
      >>
      >> Mark Cheavens wrote:
      >> > On one of my "to do" lists has been to update the firmware in my
      >> > T2-135 to the "latest development build" (June 09) for a while.
      >> >
      >> > I finally got around to it AFTER a long trip (4k miles). The trip was
      >> > frustrating at how FEW packets got decoded. (displayed on the Nuvi)
      >> >
      >> > From my initial testing last night and this morning, all I can say
      >> > is WOW!!!! What an improvement! My normal drive before would result
      >> > in about 10% of the packets being decode and displayed, Now it
      >> > appears to be near 100%.
      >> >
      >> > (Now if we can just get timestamp of when the packet arrived into the
      >> >
      >> > As usual, great work Scott!
      >> >
      >> > Mark
      >> > KC5EVE

    • Show all 19 messages in this topic