8430Re: [tracker2] Re: 5v buck converter?

  • Erich J. Ritzmann
    Sep 2, 2009
      Thanks for the detailed explanation, Barry.

      To clarify: I use this 7805 arrangement to power the puck GPS. I
      left it powered for hours without heat build up, and the results were
      good.

      The reference to 1 amp was simply lifted from the PDF that described
      the chip -- not the actual current draw in the mode I was using it.

      --
      Erich J. Ritzmann
    • Show all 18 messages in this topic