7317Tracker2 not keying radio - Update -

  • Randy Pryor
    Apr 30, 2009
      Well I finally was able to get some more info on this wayward Tracker2. The voltage on the PTT is always low. There is 5 volts to the FET but nothing getting through.
      I tried shorting the pin to ground to key the radio, but the Yaesu apparently needs to see the 5 volts prior to going low to key, so no joy on that test.

      I also noted while swapping good tracker2 for suspect one that the Green RX led lights on the known good one when connected to the computer in tuning and diagnostics, but the suspect one does not.

      Good voltage appears to be at the leads to the LED, but it looks like it is also bad.

      I have no thoughts on what could have caused this combination of failures, but would love to hear yours.
      At this point repairing the Tracker2 is beyond my abilities, so I will be getting it back to the owner to contact Scott for his options.

      Thanks to all who helped out and shared their thoughts. They are much appreciated.

      Sincerely,
      Randy
      WB7URZ
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic