7078Re: [tracker2] Re: Otwincfg weirdness, possible bug?

    Apr 1, 2009
      I think I've got the rounding errors in the profile screen fixed - they
      should now stay at the closest value and not drift as they're loaded and
      saved.

      I'm probably not going to be adding a lot of new features to otwincfg
      for a while; there's a rewrite in progress that'll totally redo the
      layout and allow for things like translations into other languages, and
      I don't want it to be a moving target.

      There's already a PROFILE command to set the profile manually, but it
      doesn't disable the profile switching. That will probably need to be a
      separate command since there are cases when you might want to switch to
      the other profile but let it switch back automatically.

      Scott

      Garrett Sloan wrote:

      > If your in there "tweaking" and fixing otwincfg.exe, I'm not sure if
      > this is the best place to suggest it, but possibly could you add the
      > ability to enter or view the TXLEVEL value as a real value other than
      > only a slider? Specifically I know that for my setup a TXLEVEL of 247 is
      > 3.5khz deviation, but if I update the firmware and flash the OT2, I have
      > to then go into term and set the TXLEVEL in profile 1&2 then open
      > otwincfg again to have it "stored" in my backup cfg file.
      >
      > Another "feature" that would be nice for testing (especially when
      > configuring profile switching) would be if it was possible to add a 3rd
      > condition to the parameter PROFILE. Since editing profile switching
      > parameters via messages or a term program isn't possible, is would be
      > nice if sending the command PROFILE 1 would manually select profile 1,
      > sending PROFILE 2 would manually select profile 2 and possibly sending
      > PROFILE 0 would "enable" automatic profile switching based on the
      > defined parameters.
      > I've had a couple of times when it would be nice to manually switch to a
      > specific contradicting my profile switching settings for testing, and
      > this isn't currently possible from what I've been able to see.
      >
      > Your going to hate having ever sold me a OT2 one of these days lol.
      >
      > Garrett
      > VE6RKY

      > "dondorgram" <walker.graham@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > This has "bugged" me for last several months, but I was too lazy to
      > bring it up. For us "senior" folks who keep switching between profiles
      > because we think we might have forgotten something in one or the other,
      > it means always reentering limit numbers as a last step. Kind of
      > annoying. Thanks to Garrett and James for raising it. Interestingly I
      > had never tried the English setting.
      > >
      > > Scott, once you fix it, could you mention it to the group.
      > >
      > > Graham VE6GW

      > Scott Miller <scott@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Yeah, I may have missed another rounding problem. I'll check it out,
      > > > see if there's an easy fix.
      > > >
      > > > Scott

      > selected, and
      > distance and