6751Re: Garmin doesn't even know about FMI or their own products

  • Garrett Sloan
    Mar 4, 2009
      > There has to be a definitive reference out there somewhere. If there
      > *was* DST, it'd be in a law somewhere that you could cite. Who's in
      > charge of time there? Here, I'd probably check with NIST or the US
      > Naval Observatory.
      > Scott

      There are a few references out there specifically the source would be the NRC (national research and standards council):

      Also time observance is regulated by each of the provinces individually. Although Saskatchewan should follow Mountain standard time, the province passed "The Time Act" in the 60's, and observes Central Standard Time and does not observe daylight standard time. So the province has the same time as Alberta in the summer, and Manitoba in the winter. The exception is Lloyminster, which follows MST in the winter and CST in the summer, making it follow the same time as Alberta.
      a link to the time act:

      I have a large number of automation systems in Lloydminster, actually even locally in the town (which sits directly on the border between Alberta and Saskatchewan some businesses decide to follow CST or MST however they like... It makes keeping operating schedules interesting at times...

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic