627RE: [tracker2] Xmodem firmware update.

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Jul 5, 2006
      I've had a couple of reports of people (besides me) using it, but I don't
      recall if any were on a Mac. You need to use the .bin file, not the .s19
      file. I haven't been updating the .bin version because I haven't written a
      translator program yet - preparing the .bin file is a multi-step process
      that requires some manual editing. Once I get a chance to automate it, I'll
      make sure it's kept up to date.

      The XMODEM support should be the standard, ancient version of the protocol -
      128-byte blocks, not XMODEM-CRC or XMODEM-1k. Just about any comm program
      should be able to do that.

      If the bootloader doesn't see the proper signature in the first block, it'll
      just stop what it's doing. You'll see 128 bytes transferred, and it'll
      hang.

      Scott