      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Wes Johnston
      Sent: Monday, June 12, 2006 6:45 AM
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Prototype rev B changes

      Mute pin can be allocated in the kpc3 software to two pins.... pin 8 and I think pin 4.  I use pin 8.  Pin 7 is power.  Pin 2 is XCD.

      I like the idea of a serial port for an LCD.... HOWEVER.. it seems that it would be pretty easy to make a serial lcd controller for a pic that would catch packets going to the GPS on the normal serial port.  I find myself wondering (when using a GPS to display data) which station has updated.  If a serial LCD would simply display a chronological list of the callsigns of stations heard, that would go a long long way.

      Wes