      From: scott@...
      Sent: Saturday, June 03, 2006 2:49 PM
      Subject: RE: [tracker2] PLC logic

      Actually, for rectangular areas that are orthogonal to the coordinate plane,
      there's not much processing involved.  Each GPS coordinate is already
      converted to a 32-bit integer format,  so it's just a matter of seeing if
      your coordinate pair falls between two corners.  And that only has to be
      done every second or two, when a new position comes in.

      I'll probably do that eventually as part of the scripting system.  I plan to
      set aside one page of flash (512 bytes) for script code, so you could fit a
      number of geofence checks in there.

      Scott