590RE: [tracker2] PLC logic

  • scott@opentrac.org
    Jun 3, 2006
      Actually, for rectangular areas that are orthogonal to the coordinate plane,
      there's not much processing involved. Each GPS coordinate is already
      converted to a 32-bit integer format, so it's just a matter of seeing if
      your coordinate pair falls between two corners. And that only has to be
      done every second or two, when a new position comes in.

      I'll probably do that eventually as part of the scripting system. I plan to
      set aside one page of flash (512 bytes) for script code, so you could fit a
      number of geofence checks in there.

      Scott