5642Re: LCD View

  • touf_toufik
    Jan 1, 2009
      Scott,

      I post two photos of TT4 display with APRS DATA, in file section
      (n_a.jpg and DSC_0012.jpg)

      What do you think about this display :
      http://www.crystalfontz.com/product/CFA635-TMF-KL.html

      I know it's not easy, I am not electronic Engenering but in the group
      i think a lot of members can help you.

      Toufik, F0DEI

      > The LCD code doesn't take a ton of space, but yeah, it does complicate
      > some things a little. Formatting the data for display will probably
      > take the most space.
      >
      > I really want something with a nice housing and integrated buttons
      > that'll look nice on a car dash or equipment rack.
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > Patrick wrote:
      > >

      > > Was there not a fork in the OT1 firmware which would output to a LCD?
      > > An option for the output in the config program would likely be the
      > > limiting factor since Scott's always running into space limits storing
      > > all the config the values we all want. But if code space were
      available
      > > it shouldn't be that hard to tweak the waypoint output routine to
      output
      > > instead to a serial LCD display as it would be displaying data it
      > > already has stored for standard waypoint output....
      > >
      > > The other option of course would be a simple microcontroller project
      > > which would convert the waypoint output from the OT to a display
      format
      > > for any of the lcds available in surplus for next to nothing.. A
      PicAxe
      > > 18 could likely be used which would put the build cost at around
      8$ over
      > > the cost of the LCD.... *shrug* BGMicro has 2x24 lcd's for a whole 4$
      > > so you're looking at what, 12$ and a little bit of coding?

      > > touf_toufik wrote:
      > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,