5637Re: [tracker2] Re: LCD View

    Jan 1, 2009
      On Thu, Jan 1, 2009 at 10:29 AM, touf_toufik <f0dei@...> wrote:

      > The problem is not to find a LCD device.Without firmware update
      > on OT2 you can't see "real" APRS packet or MIC-E packet (position
      > callsign etc.. correctly).

      What do you define as a "real" APRS packet? What do you mean by MIC-E
      packet (position and callsign etc. correctly)?

      I had one of my OT2s connected to my computer using TeraTerm, and I
      was able to view all of the real APRS packets that it could hear on my
      terminal screen. I'm going to assume that you are wanting to convert
      Mic-e packets and compressed packets into human readable form.

      > And yes it's possible and easy to connect a laptop on OT2 to see data
      > but i think (sorry I am a newbie) with LCD you see quickly without
      > connect anything the last digipeated station for exemple.

      Yes, you can see any packets that are decoded by the OT2, not only
      those that are digipeated. The OT2 even shows you digipeater echos of
      your own packets. If you want a list similar to an MHEARD list like
      can be found in a Kantronics KPC-3 and it's ilk, then you're going to
      need to add more functionality. That's probably not going to be built
      into the OT2...