      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com]On Behalf Of scott@...
      Sent: Saturday, May 27, 2006 20:24 PM
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [tracker2] Firmware build 53875

      Ok, I was going to ask exactly what you meant!

      Forgot to document the HOPLIMIT command.  If HOPLIMIT = 0, it digipeats on the alias only.  Otherwise it does ALIASN-n, where n is not greater than HOPLIMIT.  Some examples:

      ALIAS TEMP, HOPLIMIT 0, DIGIID OFF: APRS via TEMP becomes APRS via TEMP*
      ALIAS TEMP, HOPLIMIT 0, DIGIID ON: APRS via TEMP becomes APRS via MYCALL*
      ALIAS WIDE, HOPLIMIT 2, DIGIID OFF: APRS via WIDE2-2 becomes APRS via WIDE2-1
      ALIAS WIDE, HOPLIMIT 2, DIGIID ON: APRS via WIDE2-2 becomes APRS via MYCALL*, WIDE2-1

      Scott