5409Re: [tracker2] Configuration settings

    Dec 1, 2008
      On Mon, Dec 1, 2008 at 5:45 PM, Dennis <k5gbt@...> wrote:

      > OK. I have changed the TXdelay to 200 and changed the Bbaud to AUTO. That
      > fixed it. Thanks to everyone who helped. It is sometimes the simple things
      > that get ignored and cause the problems. Check APRS.fi and track K5GBT-9 to
      > see what it is doing.

      Good to know you have it working... not that I really want to pee in
      your cornflakes, but that local digipeater on Magazine Mountain is
      going to be a pain in your backside.

      It's an old KPC-3 v8.2, and is still set up with the old
      RELAY/WIDE/TRACE settings. This means that if you are using WIDE1-1 as
      your first hop, you're only going to get a single hop, as the v8.2
      firmware doesn't mark the used path properly.

      I also found other digis in your area that are still on the old
      settings, and an aircraft using WIDE1-1, WIDE2-2 as an outgoing path.

      Just be aware that the local APRS network is not going to respond
      properly to your packets. At least not the way that most people are
      going to tell you it should.