5400Re: Configuration settings

  • Rudolf Benner
    Dec 1, 2008
      In order for APRS.FI to see it, there has to be an IGATE that hears
      it or is in the path.

      Look for VE3BDR-4, its a DR-135/T2-135. It shows up in the wrong
      location, other than that, its working fine. Just the Alinco Radio
      sitting on top of a power supply on a shelf in a garage, a small
      antenna on the roof. Email me off the list if you want help releasing
      the magic smoke.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Dennis" <k5gbt@...> wrote:

      > Thanks. But I have all that. I have re-installed the firmware a
      dozen times and then started all over with the configuration program
      and the terminal to make settings.
      > My problem is that I have yet to find a set of settings that will
      work to get me to show up on APRS.FI.
      > I had it working as a home station, with pre-set coordinates, when
      I used the Alinco card and UI-View32.
      > I just never could get it to work as a stand alone.
      > That's why I bought this T2-135 card.
      > I have been unable to get this thing to show up at all.
      > It beacons as programmed and I can hear the data packet when
      listening
      > to another radio.
      > It's just that APRS.fi does not SEE me.
      > I do not know what setting is wrong.
      > The book seems to be little help in locating the problem.
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Dennis
      >

      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of Rudolf Benner
      > Sent: Monday, December 01, 2008 9:32 AM
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Configuration settings
      >

      > You don't need anything else, just the DR-135T radio and the T2-135
      > board.
      >
      > The configuration program can be found on the Argent Data Systems
      > website. The manual is there too.
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>
      s.com,
      > "Dennis Vines" <k5gbt@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Is there a file somewhere giving the configuration settings
      needed to
      > > use this T2-135 board as a stand alone APRS system?
      > > Same question about the software command settings?
      > > I had no luck at getting the Alinco board to work as a stand
      alone.
      > > That is why I bought this board. I had the Alinco board working
      fine
      > > with UI-View as a home station. I never did get it to work as a
      stand
      > > alone. This board doesn't seem to work either way. Actually, the
      > board
      > > may be working but the settings don't. The board does beacon as I
      > > programmed it to. But whatever it sends no longer shows up on
      APRS.FI.
      > > Doesn't matter if I use UI-View or not. Any ideas?
      > > Dennis

    • Show all 15 messages in this topic