4747Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi350 "My Locations Memory is Full"

  • Elmer Sharp
    Sep 5, 2008
      Glad to hear it is working out for you OK. Now you will get a big
      string of cookie crumbs from your packets that will fill it up again. I
      sure wish Garmin would listen to our woes and do something about it. OR
      do you have the NUVI 350 which is the only one that currently cleans up
      the crumbs-- if so consider yourself lucky, but my 650 screen is a lot
      nicer. I have used both 350 with a Red Cross project and my personal
      NUVI is a 650 so I get to see both.

      Elmer

      Margie and Dave wrote:

      > Hi Elmer,
      >
      > Tnx for the reset info.
      >
      > It was holding the top left corner on my Nuvi that reset it back to
      > the "Maintenance Mode". The Nuvi is back to factory setup now to try
      > again, but now with a very limited MAXRANGE on the OT2m and see how
      > that works.
      >
      > Thanks again.
      >
      > Dave
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "EM Sharp" <wa2ysm@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi Dave,
      > > I suggest you read/reread my posting #4729. I attempted to address
      > > your question on clearing FMI mode and erasing unwanted waypoints.
      > > Elmer
      > > -
      > > -- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>,
      > "Margie and Dave" <va3dk@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi John,
      > > > I am using EasyGPS verion 2.9.4 the latest on my XP sp2 also.
      > > >
      > > > I tried the Nuvi via USB but no recognition by EasyGPS when I selected
      > > > the "Display GPS Information" from the Menu.
      > > >
      > > > My Nuvi stays in FMI mode even when the Garmin data(serial) cable is
      > > > not connected to the data port on the side.
      > > >
      > > > I think your Nuvi may not be in FMI mode and that may account for
      > > > EasyGPS not seeing my Nuvi. Does anyone know how to froce the Nuvi
      > > > back into the regular non FMI mode?
      > > >
      > > > The EasyGPS Help does lilst the supported Garmin but the Nuvi is not
      > > > on their list. Also the Help indicated the Garmin's needed to be in
      > > > 4800 NEMA setup to work with EasyGPS. Maybe you have found an
      > > > undocunented feature of the EasyGPS program.
      > > >
      > > > Dave.
      > > >

      > > > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup s.com

      > > > data port

      > > outdated
      > > location OK

      > > tags that

      > <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> <tracker2%40yahoogr oups.com> ,
      > "john

      > view
      > right
      > make

> [...]