4725Re: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi350 "My Locations Memory is Full"

  • Brent Gay
    Sep 4, 2008
      Try the Garmin Mappoint software to manage your favs.

      As far as sending a message to people on the Internet, would an email work? If so, try -email <email@address> message.

      Brent

      On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 12:58 AM, Margie and Dave <va3dk@...> wrote:

      Tnx Fred,
      Some success here...
      You are right deleting waypoints is a GPS function but with the
      Nuvi350 I have to delete from "My Favorites" each location (waypoint)
      individually. Quite a daunting challenge. Did a few to stop the
      error message tho...
      Looked into the Nuvi via the PC but need to understand the file setup
      before any tweaking there. Is the Nuvi another canned Linux creation?
      Tnx Scott, I set "MAXRANGE" to minimize filling up the memory again.
      Rather cuts the map usage to close by areas tho.... Hmmmm a short
      sighted Nuvi?
      So now I can message to and from other APRS on VHF OK.
      Have not found a way to message to APRS guys via the internet like the
      D710's do. Any suggestions?
      Still meets my interest of mobile monitoring of nearby APRS guys.
      Seems to require a bit of tweaking to keep it running. Not quite a
      plug and pray tho...
      Beacons OK!
      After plugging in the Garmin dfata cable the Nuvi does go into FMI
      mode. Mine does go into FMI by adding a button called "DESPATCH"
      probably their programming was by an off shore guy without a spell
      checker on their computer! Oh yes my Nuvi stays in FMI even after the
      cables are removed. Very interesting...I thought it would fall back
      the former non FMI mode.
      Tried EasyGPS only to find out the Nuvi talks only in "Garmin"
      protocol not standard NEMA...:-(..lots of manual waypoint deletions to
      go yet...
      Does anyone have an easier way to remove unwanted locations(waypoints)?
      Did use the Garmin POI loader to remove a few of the POI lists I had
      in the Nuvi. Not sure if this has any effect on Location memory tho...

      Lots to learn and apply.
      73's

      Dave.

      --- In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, "Fred Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@...> wrote:

      > I keep a waypoint file so reloading my GPS is easy. First, I delete all
      > waypoints in GPS [GPS function], then load the waypoints back in.
      >
      > I use ExpertGPS for waypoint management. EasyGPS is free and without
      maps. I
      > also have an older GPS V. I do not know how the Nuvi and ExpertGPS
      will play
      > together. I suspect that using the serial port will work fine. I don't
      > believe USB GPS connection is supported yet.
      >
      > I imagine Mapsource can do the same waypoint management function. I
      don't
      > know. I have it but only use it for loading maps.
      >
      > Best regards,
      > Fred
      >

      > _____

      Behalf
      > Of Margie and Dave
      > Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 22:46
      > To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      > Subject: [tracker2] Re: Nuvi350 "My Locations Memory is Full"
      >

      > Tnx for the suggestion.
      >
      > Do you use the PC to delete waypoints?
      >
      > If so how do you do this?
      > TIA.
      >
      > Dave.
      >
      > --- In tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>

      s.com, "Fred
      > Hillhouse" <fmhillhouse@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Have you tried deleting waypoints?
      > >
      > > This is a good use of only displaying waypoints within a particular
      > range.
      > >

      > > _____
      > >
      > > From: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com
      > [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com>

      s.com] On
      > Behalf
      > > Of Margie and Dave
      > > Sent: Tuesday, September 02, 2008 11:44
      > > To: tracker2@yahoogroup <mailto:tracker2%40yahoogroups.com> s.com

      > > Subject: [tracker2] Nuvi350 "My Locations Memory is Full"
      > >

      > > Hi Guys,
      > > i have been running the Nuvi350 for a day or so now and got the "My
      > > Locations Memory is Full" message this morning.
      > >
      > > Tried powering down, resetting etc but still get the error message.
      > >
      > > A search of the group did not find a fix.
      > >
      > > Has anyone found a fix to get it working again?
      > >
      > > 73's
      > > Dave
      > > VA3DK

    • Show all 28 messages in this topic