4720Re: [tracker2] Re: Recieving APRS data on Garmin GPSMap60CSX

    Sep 3, 2008
      It's the interface mode that matters - should have options for NMEA
      IN/OUT and GARMIN.

      Yes, you can just connect to the T2 using a comm program. Make sure
      port A is in AUTO mode and not GARMIN to get a command prompt.

      Scott

      k9sarfrog wrote:

      > The Garmin unit is set to UTM with WGS84. I assume since it is
      > providing the data to the tracker, that it should also be recieving.
      >
      > Can I exclude the Garmin from testing the RX piece of the tracker?
      > What about testing the output (RX) via UI-View.
      > I assume all I need to do is set the com-port?
      >
      > To answer some of the previous questions
      >
      > On the GPSMap60csx
      > was running 3.30
      > now running 3.70
      >
      > firmware Build for Tracker
      > Was 54100
      > Now 54680
      >
      > Quick note about the tracker fireware upgrade, I did tell it to use
      > my existing settings, it still defaulted the value of the port A type
      > to Auto.
      >
      > Here is the revision history for the Garmin
      > http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1245
      > <http://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=1245>
      >
      > Thanks
      > Chris