4544Re: Remote commands not working

  • peterschrader2
    Aug 6, 2008
      Ah moving, ain't that grand fun? (sarcasm)

      I'll check tonight, it does do the action, that is, CMD BEACON and CMD
      POWER ON and CMD POWER OFF does things (although, the relay is still
      not providing the full 12VDC). I get an APRS ACK, but never get a
      wordy response like I get from my colleagues device when I ask for a
      CMD VERSION for example.

      Thanks,
      Peter
      VK4TGV

      > Sorry everyone... I was out of town yesterday, and moving today. The
      > good news is that all of the big stuff (packing bench, lab benches,
      test
      > bench, shelving racks, etc) is in the new place. Hopefully tomorrow
      > most of the stuff will be plugged in and ready to go.
      >
      > Ok, on the AUTHLIST problem... did you check that RETRIES is something
      > reasonable - and not zero? Does it act on the commands? Try SQUAWK 5
      > or something, so you can tell if it's working even if it doesn't send a
      > reply.
      >
      > (Fixed OT2m enclosure parts are STILL not finished, and I'm starting to
      > get very unhappy with the manufacturer...)
      >
      > Scott
      >
      > peterschrader2 wrote:
      > >

      > > Confirmed that there is something funny going on here, a colleague
      > > gave me remote access to his T2, I get the responses I expected from
      > > his device. There must be a configuration setting somewhere that
      > > preventing my T2 from giving me answers?
      > >
      > > Scott, I am happy to add your callsign to the AUTHLIST to confirm my
      > > findings.
      > >
      > > Has anybody else on the list experienced issues with the solid state
      > > relay?
      > >
      > > Peter

      > > "peterschrader2" <peter@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Actually, playing with it more now, I get the ACK, but never
      any real
      > > > response to the request, that is, CMD VERSION, gets an ACK, but
      never
      > > > any more information is returned in my UIView message pane.
      > > >
      > > > Or is there something fundamentally stupid that I am doing here?
      > > >
      > > > Using another UIView with a callsign not in the AUTHLIST
      receives a REJ.

      > > > Hope to hear from someone,
      > > > Peter
      > > > VK4TGV