3649Re: [tracker2] New Tracker2 not decoding packets very well

  • Brent Gay
    May 3, 2008
      OK, profiles switching is off.

      I resoldered a connector on the end of the cable from the Yaesu 8800 which is coming from the data port on the back. It works beautifully!! I am now receiving a ton of packets and my Nuvi's favorites are filling up with stations and I can see them on the map. Yippie...it is not the tracker.

      Now the question is why in the world am I having such a hard time with the HTX-202??? I really would like to use that radio because it is a spare and I do not want to buy another. Do I need to have a resistor and capacitor somewhere in the cable? I saw that in some diagrams.

      Thanks for the help,

      On Sat, May 3, 2008 at 8:20 PM, Keith VE7GDH <ve7gdh@...> wrote:

      Brent KF4JZY wrote...

      > I am using a newly purchased Tracker2 hooked to a RS HTX-202 hooked to
      > my external antenna about 30 feet high. When this antenna is hooked to
      > my Yaesu 8800/PSK-232 I can decode many packets. When hooked to the
      > HTX-202/Tracker2 it does not decode anything.

      Are you doing any profile switching... i.e. are you in config 1 or 2?
      Whichever one it is, do you have MON ON? Maybe with profile
      switching, it's over in config (profile) 2. What about feeding audio
      from the HTX-202 to the PK-232... or was that PSK-232? Can it decode
      audio fed from the HTX-202? Are you using unsquelched audio?
      What about feeding audio from the Yaesu 8800 to the Tracker2?

      > What can I do to troubleshoot this problem? If it will not decode from
      > my house, for sure it will not decode from my vehicle. I am using
      > Winpack to monitor the console. Monitor is ON. I played with both EQ
      > on and off and volume level from the radio...

      So much for it being something simple like not having MON ON! It sounds
      like you have checked all of the usual things. What settings are you
      using in WinPack? I was going to ask if you had flow control turned on
      in WinPack, but that wouldn't stop the Tracker2 from sending data to the
      PC. I was also going to ask if you had the correct baud rate in WinPack,
      but if you have set MON ON, you must have had a command prompt to do

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH