3564Re: [tracker2] Newbie Questions

  • Brent Gay
    Apr 23, 2008
      Sounds like a lot of flexibility. I'm placing my order today.

      On Wed, Apr 23, 2008 at 9:58 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:

      All of those commands act on the non-volatile configuration memory, so
      they'll all persist across resets. Console commands, over-the-air
      messages, and FMI messages are all handled by exactly the same processor
      - there are some restrictions to keep the remote and FMI commands from
      doing anything potentially harmful like entering calibrate mode and
      getting stuck there.

      Steven Palm wrote:
      > On Apr 23, 2008, at 12:50 AM, Joe Krout wrote:
      > > A couple of things that will help with waypoint management.
      > I know the NĂ¼vi 350 is EOL, so they aren't going to put much into
      > development for it, but...
      > Even if they allowed you to organize your waypoints/favorites into
      > groups, then perhaps you could store "personal" locations into a
      > folder, and have the tracker plot waypoints into another one and
      > delete the folder in one pass without affecting your personal
      > waypoints. I know the Mio C310x I picked up for my wife does this and
      > works well (well, for waypoint management, it doesn't support waypoint
      > plotting from the tracker2 :)
      > > Use the --MAXRANGE command to limit distance to plot stations around
      > > you.
      > Great idea, thanks! Does this setting survive power cycles? I'm a
      > little fuzzy on the interaction between OTA commands, console commands
      > and settings in the config program.
      > Steve

    • Show all 17 messages in this topic