    Apr 22 6:45 PM
      Thanks everyone (again) for the great help. The OT2 is what I will be going with. I am looking forward to it.

      Brent

      On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 8:16 PM, Curtis J. Bidulock <curtis@...> wrote:

      Using the Nuvi 350 with the OT2, waypoints are updated and not duplicated so you still only have one waypoint of the APRS station. Very slick setup, and I am very happy that I went this direction.

      -----Original Message-----
      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com on behalf of James Ewen
      Sent: Tue 22/04/2008 6:53 PM
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Newbie Questions

      On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 6:04 PM, Brent Gay <brentgay@...> wrote:

      > In everyday, practical use how do you manage all the waypoints building up?
      > Do you go in there after a day/week/month and just delete them all?

      Or every 6 months to a year... if you live in an area where you never
      hear more than 50 or 60 stations total!

      > Also, with a mobile station, does it draw the icon everytime it hears a
      > packet so you could have one station with several icons on the screen? Does
      > that create separate waypoints that need top be deleted?

      Totally depends on the GPS unit's implementation of the $GPWPL string.
      Some overwrite, some change the waypoint name and create new
      waypoints. Sometimes this changes in the same unit with firmware
      updates. It's kind of like APRS... there's a defined sentence
      structure, but no defined client implementation, so it's up to the
      people writing the software as to how to display stuff.

      > Thanks again! It looks like the OT2 is the way I will go. I guess the only
      > other thing I will need besides the tracker is the data cable for the Nuvi,
      > correct?

      That should get you going. The OpenTracker is the way to go.

      (The previous statement is an advertisement paid for by Argent Data
      Systems. Okay, I can dream, can't I?)