3429Re: [tracker2] Re: 5v and LaCrosse 2310

  • P. Suryono Adisoemarta
    Apr 10, 2008
      --- Mike Wren <mikewren@...> wrote:

      > I was the original poster and have pin 4 jumpered to
      > ground on the T2
      > board.

      Ah, thanks. It's been a bit long that I can't recall
      the original poster.

      > So as I'm reading it, since I pin 4 is the common
      > ground, things
      > *should* be working, but they're not.

      I would suggest to go to the typical setup. Put on
      Jumper on "5" (that makes Pin 4 as 5V source).
      Then build a short patch cable.

      > I previous tried crossing pins 2 and 3, but that
      > caused the 2310 to
      > stop receiving weather data from the sensors.
      > I just tried crossing pings 4 and 7 and that didn't
      > work either.
      > Sorry if I'm being dense, but I'm out of ideas.

      The patch cable has the following pin-out (this one
      works on mine):
      2 - 2 data to radio
      3 - 3 commands to WS2300
      4 - 7 (5V, high reference)
      5 - 4 (GND, low reference)

      left is T2 side, and right is WS2300 side (a WS2317u
      that I got from Sam's Club).

      Let me know if that helps,

      73 de Paulus - N5SNN

      Do You Yahoo!?