- Mar 17, 2008I promised a firmware update yesterday, but I got into the FMI code and
started running into problems. I'm still working on tracking it all
down, and I'm giving up for the night.
I've fixed a baud rate setting bug that's apparently been there since
the beginning, but would only show up in certain specific configurations.
I also got it to ignore duplicate incoming messages that have already
been received and ACK'd. This generally happens when the sending side
didn't get the ACK. This applies to all incoming messages, and not just
I've changed the command prefix for FMI messages from '!' to '--'. It's
a lot quicker to type on the Nuvi's on-screen keyboard.
I'll post the new firmware as soon as I get the Garmin comm bug sorted
out. It's hard to tell if this was something that was there before and
it just wasn't obvious that it was missing some position packets, or if
I caused the bug with either the FMI code or the serial handler changes.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>