3100Re: [tracker2] Newbie Questions

    Mar 3, 2008
      > The objective is to be able to 'switch modes' of operations from time
      > to time.
      > 1 - Beacon only
      > 2 - Beacon & exchange messages via APRS
      > 3 - Beacon & see where others are in UI View, or other application.

      The easiest way to do this without switching the configuration around is
      probably to use the Y splitter cable. That way you can plug the GPS
      into one side and the PC into the other. As for exchanging messages, do
      you mean using the serial console, a program like UI-View, or a Garmin
      GPS in fleet management mode? The requirements are a little different
      for each.

      > I am curious to know where to obtain information on cable
      > configurations that I should be getting started on to interface this
      > unit with a Kenwood G707A or a Kenwood TM-V71A.

      Pinouts for the T2 are in the manual. You can also look up diagrams for
      the Kantronics KPC-3+ or the TinyTrak3, since the important signals are
      the same. I'm working on getting a complete library of diagrams
      together, but it'll be awhile still.