2913Re: [tracker2] Tracker2 beta firmware

    Feb 7, 2008
      The Nuvi does know when a serial cable is plugged in, but that doesn't
      put it in FMI mode. That takes a packet from the tracker. That packet
      also tells it that the link is working, and the tracker has to send the
      packet every time it's reconnected. Rather than try to keep track of
      that, the tracker just sends the packet every few seconds when Garmin
      mode is enabled, since it doesn't hurt anything to keep sending it.

      As soon as it gets the first packet, it changes the menu layout, and it
      doesn't change back unless you totally wipe the device.