2908Re: [tracker2] Serial Port

  • R. Snyder
    Feb 7, 2008
      Understood. My point is that your "Hope that GPS
      forwarding from port B to A can eventualy be done"
      presumes the actual existence of a "port B" and a
      "port A," not just a single serial port physically
      instantiated as both a USB connector and an RS-232
      connector. The dependency of the operation of the
      RS-232 connector on the non-operation of the USB
      connector suggests to me that both the USB connector
      and the RS-232 connector may be internally connected
      to a single, inseparable serial port. However, like I
      said, I don't know how Garmin implemented the USB and
      RS-232 interfaces, so things might not be as they
      appear.

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?