      From: R. Snyder <rds_6@...>
      To: timbercutter@...
      Sent: Thursday, February 7, 2008 4:00:21 PM
      Subject: Re: [tracker2] Serial Port

      Your hope that the USB and RS-232 port can be used
      separately at the same time presume they are separate
      ports. It is not uncommon to implement a USB port
      using a USB converter IC, such as FTDI's FT232 or
      Prolific's PL-2303HX. In such a case, it's almost
      necessary to disable the unused port to avoid bus
      contention issues. So, hardware limitations may
      hinder what you propose, but I don't know if that's
      the case with Garmin's hardware.
      73,
      Ross N0GSZ

      --- "Tyson S." <timbercutter@...> wrote:

      > Something that I thought would be a cool way to do
      > things was to use the serial connection on the
      > GPSMAP 60c with the T2 and the USB connection with
      > USAPhotomaps, but it's no good. Garmin decided to
      > disable the serial connection as soon as the unit
      > detects a USB connection to something.

      http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs

      Looking for last minute shopping deals?