2893Re: [tracker2] Tracker2 beta firmware

  • Kevin Ratcliff
    Feb 7, 2008
      On Feb 7, 2008 10:52 AM, Scott Miller <scott@...> wrote:
      > I've just uploaded the latest firmware built with Garmin fleet
      > management support for beta testing. It'll only show up in the config
      > program, when you hit the 'web' button.

      Awesome! I have my FMI cable from Garmin now and will try to borrow a
      OT2m from another ham in town. Then I'll try it with a SP 2720.

      > To use it, just configure for Garmin mode as usual. But BE WARNED: As
      > soon as you plug in the GPS unit (ok, within about 6 seconds anyway)
      > it'll enable fleet management mode and the main menu will have the top
      > item replaced with 'Dispatch'. It'll also complain if the T2 isn't
      > hooked up. The only way to get OUT of dispatch mode is to press a
      > corner of the screen while turning on the power, and then erasing all
      > user data.

      What are the side effects of being in Dispatch mode, other than it
      saying 'Dispatch' and complaining if the T2 isn't attached? Would I
      ever need to get out of Dispatch mode to use the normal StreetPilot
      functions?

      Thanks!

      Kevin
      KB9MQU