2645Re: [tracker2] T2-135 Speed and Course not always reported

  • Bob Burns W9RXR
    Dec 4 7:08 PM
      At 05:20 PM 12/2/2007, Scott Miller wrote:
      >I've seen it happen occasionally myself after some changes to the
      >GPS sentence validity logic.

      I can't help solve the problem other than say "me, too". I saw it
      just today. I was monitoring my T2-135 with my Kenwood TM-D700.
      Everything looked normal for several beacons, then one came through
      with a valid position, but no course and speed, then the next beacon
      was normal. Note that I have the "GPS accuracy" check box selected in
      both profiles.

      Also, I've noticed that when sending the text field as a Status Text
      with an intermittent rate, I sometimes send beacons with a location
      of N 00 00.000, W 000 00.000. The next beacon has me back where I'm
      supposed to be. I don't know if this is related to the Status Text
      configuration, but when I change the configuration to send the text
      as a Comment, I don't get the null positions.

      Bob...
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic