2632Re: [tracker2] T2 demod questions

  • wa2ysm
    Dec 2, 2007
      Tim:
      I too had a lot of trouble with decode on an OT2B (second revision of
      OT2), the new OT2m that I have just put in service appears to be much
      better, but I have not scoped the packets yet. On the OT2B, it appeared
      that the presence of PL tones on the signal was deadly. Some stations,
      using the radio for both voice and packet were not turning PL off when
      sending packets. I was never successful in decoding these.
      Elmer

      Tim Smith wrote:

      > Hi Scott:
      >
      > I was looking at the schematic in the YahooGroups file area to try
      > and see what the EQ jumper actually does. I am missing a few packets
      > from time to time as compared to another TNC that is running a legacy
      > XR2211 demod.
      >
      > I'm looking at audio on both sides of the EQ jumper with and without
      > the jumper and see no difference in how the mark/space tones are
      > handled. I've tried a variety of input levels from an Alinco DR1200
      > data radio. The T2 demod is hearing with a pretty wide dynamic range
      > from 200 mv to over 2v ptp. Live stations out there (around here)
      > range from 300 mv to 2v ptp and am decoding packets at both extremes.
      >
      > I can't find the EQ jumper in the schematic to see what it's supposed
      > to do. Presently, makr/space tones are pretty close in amplitude
      > with a couple of ststions a bit hot on the 1200 hz tone (but no more
      > than 30% difference).
      >
      > Is there an updated schematic and a better explanation of what the EQ
      > jumper is doing?
      >
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Tim

    • Show all 8 messages in this topic