2254Re: [tracker2] Problems decoding T2 transmissions

  • gdw
    Sep 30, 2007
      James Ewen wrote:

      On 9/29/07, gdw <gdw@...> wrote:
      > Weird problem here with my new T2 digi. I see it transmitting as
      > expected (and the rx side is great) but my D700 does not decode it. And
      > here is the weird part, if I set the D700's path to the call of my digi,
      > I receive and decode the packet just fine.

      Are you saying that if you set the outgoing path on the D700 to the
      callsign of the OT2, the D700 will decode the packets received from
      the OT2?

      If the outgoing path of the D700 is anything else, the D700 will not
      decode packets from the OT2?

      If that's the case, then I too agree that it is indeed weird. How can
      the outgoing path of the D700 affect the receive/decoding of the
      radio?

      Are you basing this on any packet sent/digipeated by the OT2, or on
      packets sent from the D700, and heard back as a digipeat echo?

      Can you decode beacons and position reports originated from the OT2,
      and or packets digipeated by the OT2 that come from stations other
      than you D700?

      Just trying to determine the exact input and output parameters that
      you are observing.

      To be exact, I am running JavAprsSrvr as a digi/I-Gate.  I have had it up and running for  quite a while running a TNC-X with a Motorola GM300.  But wanted to go with a tnc that would do a proper no delay transmit (don't wait for the channel to be clear like the TNC-X does) so changed over to the TNC2 & Yaseu FT2800M (both new) but still using the JavAprsSrvr setup.  It runs in kiss mode needless to say.  What I see is all the normal incoming packets including the packets from my D700 in my car.  BTW, I am watching the incoming data with a copy of Xastir which is sharing the AX25 connection with JavAprsSrvr on my Mepis box.  In the car I seem to see normal activity in terms of what I see decoded from other stations.  But if I force a beacon, while I see the reply on the S Meter, I do not get a decode or a my packet beep with my normal path.  But if I  change the path to the call sign of the Digi, I get a solid my packet beep as expected.  As the digi is located at my house, there is no chance of any other station causing a capture effect problem (closest station is roughly 4 miles away).  I guess that the next thing to look at is if I am actually decoding other stations via the digi on the D700 also.  I hadn't checked that (just came to mind while typing this).  I first thought that it might be the radio itself (deviation or tone "twist") but pretty much ruled that out when I got the expected response from the directed packet.

        Gale
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic