2112Re: [tracker2] Re: Firmware update posted, for real...

    Aug 31, 2007
      I updated the version number to 54100, and discovered that it wasn't
      getting compiled in right. I bumped it up to 54105 and now it shows up
      in the banner but not in the config header that otwincfg reads.

      I really have no idea why it's not set properly. That was why I delayed
      updating it, but I finally decided it's got to be a compiler bug. I
      rebuilt everything, and nowhere in the source can you find the old macro
      definition, but it's still there. I've got to go clean out all of the
      intermediate files and see if that changes anything.

      So for now, it'll show up in the config screen as 54100, but the banner
      will say 54105.

      I think this might have happened in the past, but I'm not sure. There
      used to be a bug where the version would be carried over if you didn't
      erase your configuration. I'm almost certain that's been fixed, but I
      always attributed mismatches to that bug and didn't think about the
      possibility that the compiler wasn't catching the updated macro.

      It wouldn't be the first bug I've found. The PSK31 varicode table has
      one entry in hex rather than binary, because if you initialize the
      entire table in binary it drops one value. That drove me nuts... spent
      hours trying to track it down.

      Scott