16771Re: [tracker2] Macro issues OT3m

  • owenvk
    Aug 16, 2014
      "Digipeaters are supposed to immediately grab the channel and digipeat what they heard."I have noticed in my recent exploration of APRS that digis tend to "immediately grab the channel", and I am sure some lightweight thinkers have put forward rationale for this... but for example, there are two WIDE digis on very prominent hills. both within 20km of my home and can be heard for hundreds of km... and when they both "immediately grab the channel", they interfere with each other and you are unlikely to decode either of them.It is one of the contibutions to low success rates in getting posits to a remote iGate that hears both digis.Owen
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic