16674RE: [tracker2] OTWINFG Problem

  • Rich Bauer
    Jun 25, 2014
      thanks, scott. this is the same cable I've always used but I will be checking a second cable later this week or early next. I've tried hyper terminal at 2400/4800/9600 8n1 with no luck.

      '73,
      rich, n9dko
      I like to follow my dreams. It keeps me in bed till almost noon!
      Yes, that's the proper startup sequence. You'll want to make sure that you're running a straight-through cable and NOT a null modem cable. Check the connection to the rear DB9 carefully, and also inspect the individual wires that go to the DB9. I've had those break before. You can also try running a terminal program like PuTTY. Connect at 4800 baud and see if you get anything from the tracker when it powers up.