16472Re: [tracker2] GPS units that do not have duplicate waypoint issue?

  • Tony VE6MVP
    Apr 6, 2014
      At 06:31 PM 2014-04-06, Jason KG4WSV wrote:
      I'm beginning to wonder if a better solution is a beaglebone black with an LCD touchscreen cape running xastir.  The biggest thing missing is the routing and navigation.

      Maybe we'll get the wireless protocols (ANT, etc) hacked into something suitable for APRS.

      I'd like to see an inexpensive serial <> Bluetooth device.   There are rumours that some have gotten the ones on Ebay to work but I haven't had the time/priority to track that down.    Then I can use software on my 10" Android tablet mounted in my vehicle such as APRSDroid and RepeaterBook and others.   RepeaterBook to let me click on a nearby repeater and have it update the settings on my Kenwood D710.  Or if I see a nearby repeater object on APRSDRoid, thus it is traveller friendly and popular in the area repeater that I can click on it and have it change the D710.

      Tony
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic