16450Re: [tracker2] OTB-USB

    Apr 3, 2014
      Exactly the points I was going to raise, Randy. And that gives me an
      idea. I designed this poster to be the first in a series of explanatory
      diagrams for APRS:

      http://www.argentdata.com/images/argent-poster.png

      The next was going to be a breakdown of station components - tracker,
      GPS receiver, radio, power supply, etc. I'm thinking that maybe I could
      expand that to serve as a troubleshooting guide, with a list of things
      to check for each segment. For example - GPS satellites to GPS receiver
      as one link, with obstructions and RFI as possible problems. GPS
      receiver to tracker link with protocol, baud rate, and signal polarity.
      Tracker to radio with audio level and PTT keying method.

      Maybe I could put something together in Visio. It'd be nice to have
      some pop-out notes and maybe sound samples and waveform images, too.

      Scott

    • Show all 7 messages in this topic