16388RE: UIView and Tracker2

  • k0yg
    Mar 7, 2014
      This is a little off topic, but be aware that UIView has some major issues with Igating.  Several of us have found that it delays packets when used it as an Igate.  This will start happening after about 6 hours of running and is somewhere in the serial port before data is seen on the screen making it very difficult to find.  UIView has not been recompiled since the author died years ago and took the source with him.

      We have moved to YAAC which is a free, open source, all Java based client that uses open source maps.  I had it running in about 20 minutes.  (I have no interest in YACC other than being a satisfied user).  Just a heads-up to everyone.

      Mark
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic