16384Re: [tracker2] UIView and Tracker2

  • Keith VE7GDH
    Mar 5, 2014
      Teddy KC0WNY wrote...

      > I guess I need some help configuring my Tracker2 to work
      > with UI-View, I am getting a *** COMMS ERROR - Framing
      > Error. I can't seem to get it to receive anything. Is there a
      > command file somewhere?

      Use KISS mode. First, do you know the correct com port number
      and the baud rate that the T2 is set for? If both aren't set correctly
      in UI-View, it won't be able to communicate with the hardware no
      matter what the other settings are.

      In UI-View, set the com port, no parity, the baud rate, 8 data bits
      and 1 stop bit. Select host mode KISS and click on setup. For the
      into KISS commends, enter...

      003,003,003
      INT 0^MSMART OFF^MWAY OFF^M
      AMODE KISS
      RESTART

      The second line will set INTerval 0... stop the T2 from beaconing
      on it's on. The SMARTbcon OFF probably isn't needed with INT
      set to zero, but I have it in there. The WAYpoints OFF will stop
      the T2 from trying to send un-needed waypoints to UI-View.
      The last to lines will put it in KISS mode and restart it, leaving
      it ready to work with UI-View.

      73 es cul - Keith VE7GDH