16237RE: HTX-202 Cable PTT?

  • captnkliegle
    Jan 11, 2014

      I just made a set of cables for an old Icom OA-2AT (same as HTX-202) and the OT1+ using mono phone plugs (1/8" and 3/32") and some RG-174 coax.

       PTT is usually on Pin3 of the DB-9, but since the capacitor and resistor are already inside the enclosure, one only has to set the HT jumper accordingly.

      My problem is that the same OT1+ is used 2X a year for public service events inside a plastic toolbox with a gel-cell battery and a mobile rig. I just have to remember to reset the jumper or it won't TX.

      73 de Kriss KA1GJU

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic