1623Re: [tracker2] Hamhud and Tracker 2

  • Jason Rausch
    Apr 12, 2007
      Stephen, below is a cross post I made on the HamHUD
      SIG. This pretty much explains the status of the
      project and kit availability...

      --- Start Copy ---

      Last night my local club (Virginia Beach ARC) had a
      "Show and Tell"
      meeting. We were asked to bring in any little projects
      we have been
      working on to show off. I had several little things I
      have been
      working on for RPC, but natually I had to show
      somthing off with the
      HamHUD. I brought in the breakout board that I have
      been showing off
      for a few months now. Keep in mind that I was showing
      this to a
      fairly green APRS group, most had never seen working
      APRS, let alone
      a HamHUD (or heard of it for that matter).

      I immediately got questions of "How can I get a
      kit???".

      Which brings me to question...is there anyone else out
      there looking
      for a kit? The residual kit inventory left from Dayton
      has been
      exhausted, but I do however still have many PCBs
      on-hand. There is a
      local interest here for kits, as well as a small group
      at Virginia
      Tech looking for kits. I am considering a third
      kitting to get the
      rest of the boards out there. This would be a small
      kitting and the
      price would vary on that number. The main issue is
      getting the cases
      from Hammond. If there is enough demand, I might be
      able to order a
      small batch of the custom cases for the kits.

      --- End Copy ---

      I think that if we can getthe T2 working reliably with
      the HamHUD, there would be another surge of kit
      requests.

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com