      From: tracker2@yahoogroups.com [mailto:tracker2@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jason Rausch
      Sent: Thursday, April 12, 2007 8:43 AM
      To: tracker2@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: RE: [tracker2] Hamhud and Tracker 2

      --- 'Scott Miller' <scott@...> wrote:

      > Oh yeah, don't forget that you can always send it
      > commands even if it's not
      > in command mode by bracketing them in /* and */. If
      > the HamHud can be
      > configured with the proper commands, that might do
      > the trick.

      How much of a pain would it be to add a command that
      forced the T2 into Command Mode on power up? I think
      that would really solve half of the battle. After
      that, the T2 pretty much acts like a standard TNC2
      clone at that point. That is really what the HamHUD
      is looking for. Can I assume that the T2 can be taken
      out of Converse mode the same way any TNC2 clone is?
      If so, the HamHUD already knows how to do this. It
      also uses the standard "CONV" to put the TNC into
      Converse mode.

      The major is issue is the HamHUD firmware is pretty
      much not going to be updated from this point on due to
      the future developments.

      Jason KE4NYV
      RPC Electronics
      www.rpc-electronics.com