16081RE: Re: [tracker2] RE: T3-135 digi

  • ranges_2001
    Nov 30, 2013

      Thanks James

      The house is about 1.5 miles out of town so just wanting to take care of the local area with about 30' of hight

      until I can get the tower up or get to know some local hams to get some info for local sites. A lot of hills around . Will be shunting down n4jzy-3 when I move. Probably not needed any way. There was nothing here when I set up 12 years ago but it is well taken care of by w4ilm now.

      Randy/n4jzy

      ---In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <ve6srv@...> wrote:

      On Sat, Nov 30, 2013 at 2:51 PM, <kd4jzy@...> wrote:

      > Apology's James
      >
      > I had Tnn on the mind. The home is in Blairsville, GA

      No worries... at least you know where you're supposed to be!

      > Take a look at the area. The only wides I see is way north in NC and near
      > Atlanta. I stayed there for a week with back in the summer and did not hit
      > wides often the whole week with the tracker.

      I did have a look in Georgia, and it does look a bit quiet there.
      You'll have to scope out the forestry roads up on the ridges and see
      if you can score a site with good HAAT in the area on a tower or
      something. One good digipeater location will cover a lot of area.