16019Re: [tracker2] OT3 mini wiring

  • Ronny Julian
    Nov 7 12:34 AM
      I have not wired mine yet but one thing I have done is to solder two rails of pins on the bottom side of the board.  I then plan to put the OT3 Mini in a socket and mount that socket to a perfboard for connections.  I've never liked soldering directly to a device and heating up a board I could never hope to repair.

      Before you make a perfboard you can set it in a breadboard and try the connections before you start soldering.  The Breadboards they sell to go alongside the Raspberry Pi are so cheap now it is worth getting one to make things work well before making up a tidy version.

      $1.05 is pretty good.

      On Thu, Nov 7, 2013 at 1:43 AM, <kd0ofx@...> wrote:

      Let me admit first off that I probably lack the understanding and skill-set required to tinker with things that require more than simply plugging in a cable. That said, I just don't seem to understand how to wire the OT3 mini.

      I'm simply trying to solder on DB9 connectors to match the OT3 so that I can use my existing cables for radio and GPS for now.

      For the radio, I have Aout to Pin 1, SQL to pin 2, Ain to pin 5, GND to pin 6, and VIN to pin 7.

      For the GPS I have Arx to pin 2, Atx to pin 3, and GND2 to pin 5.

      Both of these are connected to known working cables, radio, and Garmin 350, however the radio won't Tx, and the Garmin has that little "disconnected" symbol in the upper right corner.

      I'm sure I made an obvious error above. I'm just hoping someone could point it out for me.

    • Show all 6 messages in this topic