15952RE: Small Affordable Self-Contained APRS?

  • smolesbrede
    Sep 27, 2013

      I have managed to get a T3 micro + 1850 Li-ion battery + charge control/5v step up board into a 54mm x 38mm x 23mm ABS box. I had to remove the USB plug and file a little off the PCB. Then just add 2 USB mini sockets, 1 for PC connection and the other for charging and a micro slide switch and it's up and running. Coupled to a Wouxun KG-6UVD it works great. Nice work Scott.

      ---In tracker2@yahoogroups.com, <scott@...> wrote:

      Actually I just ordered one about two minutes ago!

      On 9/27/2013 10:04 AM, qrv@... wrote:
      > What about the shell of a retrofit third-light?
      >> I hadn't thought of that. Looks like there are plenty of shells on the
      >> market, but most of them wouldn't have much interior volume for
      >> batteries. We could probably vacuum form something here, though that
      >> sort of curve might be beyond my CAD skills. In any case, it'd still
      >> need a whip antenna extending from it, except for maybe a UHF version.
      >> Scott
    • Show all 23 messages in this topic